February 12th Announcements
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Come and meet Rochelle Carnegie in the foyer today at lunch. As one of the current leaders in the Future Aces organization Rochelle has positively impacted the lives of thousands of youth in the GTA. Today at lunch you can put your handprint on a banner honouring her Dad Herb Carnegie and thank Rochelle for her unending commitment to support youth in her community.
- The role-playing game club is meeting today after school in room 202. All new members are welcome!
- Last night the senior girls volleyball season came to an end despite a strong, hard fought match against the Orillia Nighthawks. Although it was not the season they envisioned, coaches Mr. Wilson and Mr. Dyck are happy with how the ladies played, fighting until the very last point. Special shout out to retiring senior players: middle Violet Chilvers and captain Alexa Geertsma as they played their last game as a member of the lady Bucs volleyball program. Thanks for a great season, and with five returning starters next year, the future is bright.
- Come to the learning Commons this week to make a Valentine's Day card for someone you care about. Sometimes the best gift is kind words from your heart!
- Hey BDHS...keep bringing back those overdue library books...we have students waiting for them! The Learning Commons will be open today, and all Wednesdays this semester, after school until 3:45. Bring a friend to work on some school work or play cards or one of our other games!
- Hey Bucs, Bradford's GSA is called the Net, and we're meeting today in room 213 at lunch. Bring your lunch and a friend to hang out. All are welcome. See Miss Innes or Miss Carey with any questions.
- Candy grams, candy grams. Today is the last day to buy that someone special or friend a Candy Gram. Come see us in room 129 if you miss us at lunch.
- Ski team is reminded of their race for Georgian Bay Finals tomorrow. Be at the front of the school for 7 am.
- Hey students! Looking for a summer job? Have you considered working for the Ontario Government? Each year the Ontario Public Service targets up to 5,000 summer students to work in locations across Ontario in areas such as: Ontario Parks, Environment, Science, Administration, Business and Finance, Research and Laboratories, Communications, Customer Service. Earn while you learn! All jobs were posted this Monday, February 10. Closing dates will be between February 28 and April 3. Apply early to have a chance to apply to the job types that interest you. You can learn more at: Ontario.ca/summerstudents