October 12th Announcements
Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Attention University Bound Grade 12 students!! The University of Guelph-Humber will be hosting a psychology conference to promote study and research in psychology. In addition, Grade 12 students will be exposed to the university environment, attend mini lectures by researchers in the field of psychology, compete for the Psychathlon trophy and have a chance to win one of five $1,000 Thom Hermann scholarships towards tuition at the University of Guelph-Humber. The conference will be held at the university on Friday, December 15th from 8:30 am – 2:30 pm. Admission and lunch are FREE! You must register by November 8th. For more information about the University of Guelph-Humber Psychology Conference, visit guelphhumber.ca/psychology.
- Teachers, please dismiss the cross country runners today at 1:15 for their race at Little Lake Park. Runners should be dressed and meet in front foyer by 1:30. Let's go BUCS!
- Please excuse the Jr Boys football team today at 12:20 to prepare for their away game in Barrie. Offense walk-thru at lunch in the small gym.
- Hey BUCS! Come down to the front foyer at lunch to pick up your SAC cards! Remember you need your SAC card in order to participate in school events, join any clubs or go to dances.
- Robotics club is starting today at the beginning of lunch in room 216! If you are interested in robotics, programming, Arduino, raspberry pi, or web development, please come to the first robotics club meeting of the year! If you cannot make it, or would like more information, please see Mr. Charles, Mr. Belton, or Mr. Fisher. Otherwise, see you in room 216 at lunch.
- The Senior Boys Volleyball hosted Collingwood last night. The boys played their best volleyball yet, but were unable to pull through with the win. The boys will travel to Innisdale on Friday.
- There will be a boys soccer practice after school today until 4:00.
- Could the following students who are attending the Ottawa Trip please see Ms. Lane or Ms. Armstrong today at lunch in room 226: Wade Brown, Siobhan Kilpatrick, Kaeleigh Gardiner, Elena Bylykbashi, Tatiana Sandu, Oscar Kump-Neumayor, Maria Cretu and Carver Leggatt. Please come to room 226 at lunch.
- Need Volunteer Hours? Check this out! Rodeo Championships are taking place in Newmarket. Bradford Timber-Mart needs your help to promote this event for Charity. Check out our Volunteer Board for more details and who to call to sign up!
- The internal application deadline for the U of T National Book Award is Monday, October 16. Come to guidance to pick up a BDHS application form if you haven't already. Also, check the scholarship board across from guidance as new opportunities present themselves frequently.
- This message is for everyone who signed up in guidance to volunteer tonight for parent teacher/college info night. Please be at guidance ready to help by 4:30 pm tonight. Wear BDHS gear if you have it. That's parent teacher/college info night volunteers be at guidance at 4:30 pm tonight.
- At the BDHS "YOUTH IMPACT" club, we talk about what we can do, and what to pray for, to impact our school community. We meet every Thursday at lunch in room # 122. Feel free to bring your lunch, a friend and all your great ideas to help us reach our ultimate goal to make this place even greater than it already for all of us. See you all at lunch!