October 11th Announcements
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Attention University Bound Grade 12 students!! The University of Guelph-Humber will be hosting a psychology conference to promote study and research in psychology. In addition, Grade 12 students will be exposed to the university environment, attend mini lectures by researchers in the field of psychology, compete for the Psychathlon trophy and have a chance to win one of five $1,000 Thom Hermann scholarships towards tuition at the University of Guelph-Humber. The conference will be held at the university on Friday December 15th from 8:30 am – 2:30 pm. Admission and lunch are FREE! You must register by November 8th. For more information about the University of Guelph-Humber Psychology Conference, visit guelphhumber.ca/psychology or Ms. Evans in guidance.
- Jr Boys Football. Offense Practice at lunch, game prep. practice after school. Be there.
- There are only a few spots left on the Stratford arts field trip to see Guys and Dolls the musical. If you want to go, please see Miss Dixon in the dance studio or Mrs. Paton in the music room.
- Need Volunteer Hours? Check this out! Rodeo Championships are taking place in Newmarket. Bradford Timber-Mart needs your help to promote this event for Charity. Check out our Volunteer Board for more details and who to call to sign up!
- Today is the day you have all been waiting for! The drama club will be meeting today at 11:00 in the Drama Room (Rm 138). All are welcome to attend. We will be discussing meeting times, the High School Drama Festival (formerly known as the Sears Drama Festival) as well as other things. Please make sure to attend, and bring a few friends. Interest needs to be determined in order to decide upon a show for the festival. So be sure to come to the Drama Room today at 11:00 for the Drama Club Meeting. See you there!
- All students who have signed up for the trip with Ms. Carriere to Ste Marie Among the Hurons meet in room 277 at the beginning of lunch, please.
- Robotics club is starting tomorrow at lunch in room 216! If you are interested in robotics, programming, Arduino, raspberry pi, or web development, please come to the first robotics club meeting of the year! If you cannot make it, or would like more information, please see Mr. Charles, Mr. Belton, or Mr. Fisher. Otherwise, see you tomorrow in room 216 at lunch.
- Listen up spirit leaders and anyone else interested in community service hours. Volunteers are need for the University Info night next Tuesday, October 17. Also, we need spirited students to escort groups of grade 8s around the school on Wednesday, November 1. Contact someone in guidance for more details or to sign up to volunteer. Also, there are new community service opportunities in Bradford and the surrounding area. Check the community service board for more information.