October 5th Announcements
Thursday, October 05, 2017
- Students with a period 1 spare, please come down to the main office to pick your progress reports.
- The Jr Boys Football team took a long road trip across the board to play a strong Collingwood team. Although the Owl's were celebrating with a pep rally, it was obvious when the Buccaneers arrived, with Matt Tesa waving our flag loud and proud. After a lengthy rain delay, our athletes were slow to start and made a number of mental and careless errors, even for a young squad. However, after an inspiring speech by coach Laybolt, the Bucs came out firing in the second half. The rain stopped and our passing game became our greatest weapon. The defense, lead by Kyle Petch, shut out the Owls in the second half with a Touch Down by Ricky Trinh and Field goal and convert by Brock Philp gave the Bucs their first 10 points of the season. Great Progress boys. Let's meet at lunch in the small gym to discuss goals moving forward.
- Unfortunately Sock Club is cancelled tonight. See you next Thursday.
- Teachers, please dismiss the cross country running team at 1:45pm today for their race at Horseshoe. Runners should be dressed and meet in front foyer by 2pm. Let's go BUCS
- Our first Vegetarian Lunch was a success!!! If you loved it and want to make it, or missed out and want to try recipes for the potato pea curry and gluten free carrot cake, just see Mrs. Russell or Ms. Stec!
- All the world is a stage and here is your chance to perform upon it! The drama club will be meeting Wednesday, October 11th at 11:00 in the Drama Room (Rm 138). All are welcome to attend. We will be discussing meeting times, the High School Drama Festival (formerly known as the Sears Drama Festival) as well as other things. Please make sure to attend, and bring a few friends. Interest needs to be determined in order to decide upon a show for the festival. So be sure to come to the Drama Room Wednesday Oct. 11th at 11:00 for the Drama Club Meeting. See you there!
- Do you need community service hours? Do you love parent-teacher night? We thought you did. We are looking for a few helpers for parent-teacher night. Come to guidance to offer your wonderful support.
- Heyyy BUCS! There is only one day left to show some school spirit by purchasing your BDHS clothing! If you're having trouble with the website or just want to try on different sizes go to the blue stand in the front foyer at lunch! The last day is this Friday Oct 6th. That's tomorrow!
- Are you looking to improve the school, get hours, and have fun doing it? Join student council and become the student senate representative! Your responsibilities would include showing up for student council meetings, going to the Simcoe county board office to discuss school events, and taking action to make our school an even better place! Come down to room 174 after school on Tuesday to learn more!
- Good morning BDHS, Youth impact's group meets every Thursday during lunch time. It is a student's led group. Meaning that the group members decides in all the activities that is happening in it. We usually pray for the needs and challenges that we go through on a daily basis. We pray for our Country, our leaders, our world problems, the students of BDHS, our community, our families, and our friends. We are in great need of members to join and to share new ideas. Today, October 5th, we have a guest speaker from Tyndale University who will join us for encouragement and tell us about Tyndale and its programs. So, come during lunch today in room #122. We have pizza and donuts. Hope to see you all.
- The internal applications for Loran Scholarship sponsorship is due tomorrow.
- Are you interested in learning more about the culture and heritage of the Native people who lived in Ontario in the past? Join us for a day trip to Ste. Marie Among the Hurons for a tour and activities on Friday, October the 13th. Cost is $25. See Ms. Carriere in either room 211 or 277 at lunch to pick up forms. Completed forms must be returned ASAP for the trip to go ahead.
- Hey arts students! Are you taking an arts course this semester? Do you like field trips? Then you should sign up for the field trip to Stratford to see Guys and Dolls the musical. Permission forms can be picked up from Miss Dixon in the dance studio or Miss Paton in the music room. First come first serve.