September 11th Announcements
Monday, September 11, 2017
- Jr Boys Football Practice all week. Bring water and a friend. Let a coach know if you can't make it. Let's go Bucs!
- Attention concert band members. Concert band rehearsals start this week on Thursday, after school in the music room. See you all there!
- Hey BDHS, do you LOVE sports and have spirit. Come out to room 173 at lunch on Thursday and join the BUCS Athletic Council. Let's make this a great year in sports! Go BUCS!
- "Tryouts for girls rugby will start this Tuesday and Thursday on the front field. Be dressed and ready to start at 2:45. If you missed the sign up registration last week you can still come out this week. No experience with rugby needed!!! "
- The last junior boys soccer tryout will be tomorrow after school.
- A reminder that tomorrow will be the tryouts for both junior and seniors girls basketball. All athletes please meet in the large gym after school - changed and ready to play.
- Friday - September 22nd is Orange Shirt Day, a day to recognize that "Every Child Matters" The Orange Shirt Campaign helps us remember the experiences of former students of residential schools. It is a commitment to ongoing reconciliation in Canada. Orange Shirt Day was created in 2013 during the St. Joseph Mission Residential School Commemoration Project in Williams Lake, BC.
- All students must change their school passwords to a complex password on a school hard-wired computer BEFORE they can access their accounts this year. To make this change, log onto a hard-wired school desktop using last year's password. The system will ask you to change your password and your new password must be 8 or more characters and have 3 of these characteristics: lowercase letter, uppercase letter, number and/or symbol. If you are new to our school board, your first password is your birthday...4 numbers for year, 2 numbers for month and 2 numbers for day. If you are still having trouble with your password, any teacher can log onto sam.scdsb.on.ca to reset your password or you can pop into the Learning Commons to see a librarian.
- Just a reminder that picture day is this Friday, September 15th.